Sunday, February 28, 2010

Tanner Jace is finally here!


Well our baby, Tanner Jace, has finally arrived. We are so excited to have him here, he is truely a joy to have around. Here's the story of his arrival....

I had a doctor appt on Thursday Feb 18th and went in and my blood pressure was the highest it has ever been, above 150. So due to the high blood pressure, Dr. Winward called down to labor and delivery to make sure they had a room for me because she was not going to let me go another day. I couldn't believe it when she said it. She made sure I had someone to go home and get my stuff for me because she didn't even want me to go home. Luckily my mom was with me at the appt because her and my sister were in town. So I called up Jace to tell him it was time and he was in Cedar! I couldn't believe it. Luckily they were about on their way home. So my mom, my sister, and me walked down to labor and delivery and they set me up in my room. I was truely in shock that it was really happening. And the funny thing is, on the way in to my appt I jokingly said to my mom that I wouldn't mind if I didn't go home from the appt, just straight into delivery, and it really happened, haha! Anyways, so they got me all set up and got the meds started and Jace arrived about an hour later. I was glad to have my mom and sister there with me so I could talk to them and keep myself from freaking out. They were a great help! They started me on the pitocin at just after 4 pm and a few hours later Dr. Winward came in and broke my water. That was the most awful feeling ever. After that, the pains definitely started getting worse. Once they got so bad that I couldn't talk through the contractions anymore, I requested the epidural. It took the nurse and the doc 50 mins to finally get to my room and give me the drugs. I was a little upset at that point. But once he put the epidural in, I instantly started to go numb. It was amazing! The epidural was the best money I have ever spent. Once I was completely numb and the nurse had monitored me for a little bit, she told me that I needed to get some sleep. So we turned off all the lights and all slept for a few hours. The nurse kept coming in and checking me and I was dilated to a 6 for a long time, so they increased the pitocin and within an hour I was fully dialated. It took me a min to realize what the nurse was saying when she was telling me it was time to start pushing. At this point it was just before 5:30 am. So they got everything set up and I started pushing. After pushing for about 20 mins, they decided to call the doctor in and wait to push anymore until he got there. Unfortunately, Dr. Winward could not be there to deliver the baby because she was out of town, but the doctor that did come, Dr. Benham, was great. We started again as soon as he got there and at 6:33 am, baby Tanner was here. It was an exhausting experience, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. He is an amazing baby and we are so glad he is here. He sleeps and eats so well. We love him so much!

6 comments:

Dayna said...

We are so happy for you guys! Tanner is absolutely handsome! We want to come over and see you guys when you're ready for a few visitors...

The Calico Crew said...

It's a good thing you have Nikell and Tonya so we can see pictures before you actually posted something on your blog. He's soooo cute and looks so much like Jace (but I bet you hear that all the time). Sounds like a long night/labor but worth the wait. Congrats you guys!!

Lexie said...

I'm so excited for you! You will be such a good mommy. I can't wait to see him!

Aaron and Megan Young said...

Congratulations!!! Aaron and I are so very happy for you! What a cute baby boy!

B and J said...

Your baby is so precious! He looks just perfect! Congrats you guys!

Unknown said...

So sweet! We are so happy for you guys, and how fun that so many of us will all have kids that same age! Can't wait to meet him!