Wednesday, February 10, 2010

update

well heres a pregnancy update. On Monday I was walking through Target on my lunch break and all of a sudden got an excurciating pain in my tummy and got the sweats and couldnt barely breath or walk and also felt like I was going to pass out. When it finally subsided a little bit, I hurried up to the food court and sat down for a few mins and I kept getting pains. I made my way back to work and started timing the contractions and they were coming about every 4 mins and they had lasted about 2 1/2 hours. I finally called the nurse at my doctors office and they said i defintely needed to go to labor and delivery and be checked. so off we went. Got to the hospital and the nurse checked me. She originally said I was still about a one, but then she did a little more checking, and said well you are really posterior and you are about 80% effaced and at about a 3. The first thing that came to my mind was WHAT?! So they monitored me for an hour and checked me again and I had progressed to about a 4. The nurse said I was in early labor and they called my doctor and decided to send me out to get something to eat and to walk and that they would probably see me back later that night or the next morning. So we left the hospital and went to the mall and got some soup and walked around for a while. The contractions were coming pretty steady for about 3 hours but weren't getting much worse pain wise. We decided to go back to the hospital to be chekced just in case. the nurse said I hadn't really progressed and since the contractions weren't super painful yet they decided to send me home again and said I would probably be back the next day. So home we went, again. Well, here we are 2 days later and nothing yet. I'm still having contactions, but they told me not to go back to the hospital until they were so bad that I couldn't talk through them or my water breaks. Unfortunately, I haven't reached that point yet. I have a regular doctors appt tomorrow so we will see what she says. Hopefully she can do something to get things moving faster. Can't wait for this little boy to be here!

3 comments:

The Calico Crew said...

you almost had me sweating there for a minute! Is it time already? I guess when we live over here we miss out on all the fun. Hang in there. I can't say I've had the joy of having contractions for three days so...you win!

Alex and Chase said...

Good luck! We hope everything goes well, and we are excited for little baby Wittwer!! keep us posted!

Pam said...

Dang its been 3 days since you have posted this!! How long do you get to hang on treads??? LOL Ahh tomorrow is Valentines Day, Jaylyn was born on that day, its a beautiful day to have a baby. GOOD LUCK!! We are rooting for you!!!